“Niku-miso” is stir-fried minced pork with Miso along with your favourite seasonings. You can put it on plain steamed rice or wrap it inside lettuce leaves. It can also be served as the interior of Sushi rolls.
We Japanese people like to put it on the top of chilled Tofu as well.
Ingredients for Miso Pork (soybean paste and minced pork)
- Minced Pork: 200g
- Miso (Soybean Paste): 3 and 1/2 tablespoons
- Sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: a pinch
- Sesame Oil (or Vegetable Oil): 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Seeds
- Garlic: a clove
How to make Miso Pork (soybean paste and minced pork)
- Chop up the garlic.
- Spread the sesame oil (or vegetable oil) on a frying pan, add the chopped garlic.
- After the scent of garlic comes out, add the minced pork in the pan, cook it on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- Turn it off, add Miso (Soybean Paste), sugar, salt, and pepper (if you like) in the pan.
- Then, turn the heat on again, stir and cook for a few minutes on a small to medium heat.
- After turning it off, finally put sesame seeds and mix well.
About Miso (soybean paste)
Miso is one of the most frequently used ingredients for Japanese food. You can but it at the supermarkets, but also can make it at home. More details, please read the article below: